01. State your case and what you do. Be specific as possible.
Boy+Girl doesnÕt have a general mission other than to create out of necessity. Creating is what we do, and we do it because we have to.
02. What brought you to dtrash records?
We were attracted to dtrash based upon what other artists had already contributed to the label. Not that we felt that we could be pigeonholed into any one sound or genre, but we sensed there was an underlying feeling there; a definite direction the label was going in that we wanted to tap into.
03. What musical equipment do you use?
In general we use basic rock equipment for pre-processing: guitar, bass, drums, drum machine, synthesizer and vocals. I then heavily edit recordings using computers and samplers.
04. How did your project start?
Boy+Girl started as a quick fix for frustration and malaise.
05. What inspires you to create?
06. What is your favorite musical project and why?
I donÕt really have a favorite music project. OlÕ Dirty Bastard is the shit though.
07. What is your favorite author and book and why?
Raymond RousselÕs Impressions Of AfricaÉthis is one of my favorites; itÕs influence can be detected in later surrealistic writings as well as in JoyceÕs Ulysses and other avant-garde writings (besides being a damn good read and not an impenetrable bore).
08. What do you do with your spare time?
Drink and read.
09. What is the meaning of life?
Fuck if I know.
10. Does your music have a political agenda?
Absolutely not. NEVER.
11. What do you believe in?
12. Who is your favorite Digital Hardcore artist?
I donÕt really have one.
13. If you could have anything in the world what would it be?
14. List your top ten albums worth listening to.
1-Arrigo Barnabe ÒClara CrocodiloÓ
2-Francois Bayle ÒErosphereÓ
3-Ilhan Mimaroglu ÒCoucou BazarÓ
4-Ruth White ÒFlowers of EvilÓ
5-Gerogerigegege ÒTokyo Anal DynamiteÓ
6-Karlheinz Stockhausen ÒMomenteÓ
7-Dub Taylor ÒLumiereÓ
8-To Live and Shave In L.A. Ò30 Minuten MannercremeÓ
9-Cecil Taylor ÒUnit StructuresÓ
10-anything by Rudimentary Peni
15. Anything you’d like to add to this interview?